Pretty Vacant Magazine is happy to give you the opportunity to contribute and have your photos published in our magazine. When submitting, please follow the guidelines on this page. Upon reviewing submissions, Pretty Vacant Magazine reserves the right to Accept or Deny any submission received. Submissions are reviewed based on their content, quality, relevance and spaces availability.
Important Note: Pretty Vacant Magazine doesn’t provide free printed copies, as presently the publication is printed exclusively through Magcloud, Magcloud prints-by-purchase. We also do not pay for submissions, all photo shoot expenses for a submission to the magazine are to be covered by the team working on the project. Once your submissions are accepted we kindly ask to not post online or any social media until the Magazine is released.
– We accept any kind of submissions, according to the proposed section themes or the main theme of the magazine, but we also evaluate proposals, ideas and project from photographers/contributors.
– All submissions should be between 1-10 images. If your submissions are over 10 images, we won’t publish all images, but a number compatible with the editorial project, with the graphics and with the available spaces. Once your submission is accepted for publication the files required are Size 209,55×273,05 mm (8,25”x10,75”) vertical, and size 419,10×273,05 mm (16,50”x10,75”) horizontal, resolution 300dpi, filetype JPG, PDF, TIFF.
– When submitting for consideration, always submit your images in low-resolution, when submit after acceptation, please include the photographer’s name, model’s name, muah and stylist’s name, and all Instagram accounts (Portrait&Figure block) and eventually picture name. Photographer’s name, location, eventually picture name for all the other sections/subjects. Please don’t submit high resolution attachments, or zipped files only for review.
– If you are submitting the materials and you are not the photographer, please confirm and present to us permission/release from the photographer who owns the copyright to the images.
– For fashion submissions, wardrobe credits are required. They must contain wardrobe and accessories from emerging or independent designers and brands.
– Credits are essential for all submissions, if we have accepted your submissions and you provide the high resolution images without credits, your submission will not be published. We won’t be held accountable for any missing or misspelt credit. Be sure to double check that all persons involved in the submission is included in the credits and their names and contacts are spelt correctly. If for any reason a submission is published and a individual/s credit is missing, the person who submitted the feature will be held responsible. Along with model’s name be sure the list the agency name. Be sure to send credits as editable pdf files or Word Files.
– Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, website and social media.
– The publication doesn’t change the ownership of the image that remains exclusively by the author.
– Once a submission is accepted by Pretty Vacant Magazine, we kindly ask to not publish in other magazines or websites until the Magazine Issue is out.
Contributing Writers & Bloggers Submission
We are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and website. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission” and include writing samples and links to your work, blog or portfolio.
– There is little or no space left for the issue submitted for.
– Work was submitted after the deadline.
– The quality of the images aren’t to our standard.
– The submission doesn’t fit the theme for the issue.
Although your rejection could be due to any of the above stated reasons, we will not have time to state which of the reason applied to the submission. Please note that all submissions will NOT assure be replied to, you will receive an acceptance email once your submission has been accepted, if you don’t receive a reply within 15 days before issue release date, submission it wasn’t accepted; you do not need to send multiple emails to receive a reply.
– All submissions must be sent before the stated deadline of an issue.
– If a submission is being accepted and the final pieces aren’t sent before the deadline, that submission will not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
– The deadline for each issue can be seen in website homepage, if for any reason the deadline is changed, it will be posted on our Facebook, Instagram and website.
– Once an issue is being released it is available for purchase via magcloud.
– The purchase link will be posted on our facebook & instagram page on the day of release, and will be posted on our website also.